This is a test after modifying some functions that read the content into memory. I just want to make sure nothing broke after the changes. These things seem to always have a cascading effect on everything else. You make one change and figure out you just broke something else that was depending on the way it was setup originally and you have to go modify that function to work under the new enviroment.
I had several reasons to make this site. The main one was to have a basic site to setup for people asking for a website. They can never figure out how to navigate and update a CMS. Very few sites really need all the features and extras that come along with a CMS. You also have the security issues with a CMS when it is not updated to the latest version. Again, they did not know how to update or manage the backend. On the other hand, static html sites could not be updated easily without some sort of framework to do so. This site can have content added with ease, in a simple to understand admin section.
I also wanted to make a self contained, non intrusive site. One that did not collect a bunch of data from users that was never used for anything but increasing user counts on a site. Most registered users never contribute anything to a sites content. The others ones that do are usually limited unless seeking help. User authentication does not stop bots from posting to your site or registering accounts. In my opinion, most sites do not even need a user management system or login ability. This site does not collect or store your data. It uses honeypots and proven anti spam countermeasures to stop bot from posting to the comments. The comments do not even require a login to post.
I also wanted to have a site that was using the latest versions of the scripts that made up its backbone. To me, it was easier to start from scratch and build it the way I wanted it instead of taking my older stuff and updating it to work with the newest updates to the backbone scripts.
I have the scripts that were on my old site available on this one for download. I also have some of the old forum posts saved as pdf for download. These were the ones dealing with modifying the forums and site to add new features. Feel free to use them as you wish. Most are old and may need some updating. I will not be doing any new mods or scripts, so don't ask. If you have a comment or question, leave a comment on this article and I will try to answer as soon as I can. Again, I will not be doing any new work. Thanks.
I just wanted to take the time to thank the team at RavenNuke for the years of hard work and dedication to the open source community. They have given so much with no reward for their efforts. I want to also thank them for allowing me to be a very small part the team. While I have not given up on it, I do not have the skills to do the heavy work needed to help them out with the RavenCMS project.
This is a flat file site with a simple admin. I am using the latest and greatest backbone on it. This is not RavenCMS or a variant of it. I did pull a few function from it to use in this site though. Below is a list of the scripts used to make this thing work:
Font Awesome 4.7.0
As fast as technology changes on the web, these will probably be obsolete in a few months. Just saying.
Many times, I have people wanting a website for their personal project or business. They usually want it for free. In the past, I would install them a CMS and they could not figure out how to add content. They would call me up and expect me to add stuff for them. Most, if not all, of them did not need a CMS. They just needed a simple site without all the features of a CMS. I started using basic templates with html pages. After a few years, those templates I used got dated and needed to be updated. Instead of trying to modify the old sites, I decided to create a simple, modern site that can be easily changed with a simple admin interface that anyone could use. That is what this is. It is a homemade CMS that does not need a database, which makes it a great option for storing on a home server.